And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul. - John Muir
Many people ask me, Why Trees? There are approximately one thousand reasons why trees, but I'll start with my top 10 reasons here:
1. Trees help clean the air we breathe
2. Trees filter the water we drink
3. Trees provide food we eat
4. Trees provide jobs to over 1.6 billion people
5. Trees absorb harmful carbon from the atmosphere
6. Trees provide habitat to over 80% of the world's biodiversity
7. Trees are key ingredients in over one quarter of all medicine
8. Trees shelter people and wildlife from ultra-violet rays
9. Trees are a symbol of life and beauty; they look similar when they begin, but they grow, thrive, change, oftentimes become broken by storms, and as they age, become very unique. Individuated, they fit right into the niche where they are needed and meant to be.
and perhaps the top reason why trees...
10. My best memories are atop mountains and amongst the trees. And my best lessons come from trees. They teach me how to grow old gracefully, how to provide and nourish unconditionally, and how to keep my feet on the ground while reaching for and connecting with the stars. I want to make sure future generations can enjoy the beauty of trees as well as the great outdoors just as I have done (and continue to do).
I am excited and passionate about Meristic's partnership with ONETREEPLANTED, a non-profit with a focus on global reforestation. Their mission, educational programs, inspirational stories, volunteer opportunities, and numerous tree-planting projects around the world make it simple and fun to give back to the environment. Please check them out here: onetreeplanted.org.
For each item sold at Meristic, ONE TREE IS PLANTED